Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Week in Kyoto Pt 3

More views of the Kamo River from a charming little park I found. I ate my vanilla cream filled soft waffle sitting in the park.
Looking up one half of the Kamo river. The Kamo is the most famous river in Japan and other towns in Japan have named themselves and their rivers after the Kamo. Look around for Kamomachi and Kamogawas on your next trip!
This was on the calendar in my host family's bathroom. Clearly they were excited for my arrival.
This picture makes it look gross, but this was an unbelieveable fried item. Japanese panko on the outside with a small piece of chicken and a fried onion (onion ring kind of taste) on the inside on a stick. I bought it as snack at the grocery store and ended up eating the whole pack of 7 in about 10 minutes. To think it was only 200 yen...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: